Type : Tutorial
Level : Easy
Operating System : Backtrack 5 R1
Last week I've received a message from my "Request Tutorial" page about how to share files in Backtrack Linux. I think this guy have the same problem with me(long time ago) when I want to send the malicious file from my Backtrack machine for testing purposes to my Windows victim machine .
Actually there's many ways to doing this, but I only will explain the very…very..absolutely simple method that I've already used and it was nice and I think it was efficient and fast also easy to set up.
So, without waiting, let's start the preparation.
1. Linux O.S (I'm using Backtrack 5 R1)
1. Open your terminal (CTRL+ALT+T) and then run this command to create a new directory "share".
2. Change mode for the share folder into 755.
chmod -R 755 /var/www/share/
3. Change the ownership of that folder into www-data.
chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/share/
4. The three steps above have screenshot like this in my computer